Melting Chocolate the Professional Way

Never, ever, attempt to melt chocolate over direct heat. This will destroy the true taste of this magnificent product.

Chocolate cake

First place a heatproof bowl into a saucepan of simmering water.The choc will melt in the heatproof bowl by the indirect heat of steam.

Rub butter over the inside of the heatproof bowl before you place it into the saucepan.

Stir frequently with a wooden spoon until the choc is 85% melted, then turn off heat and stir gently while the remaining 15% melts.

This way you will maintain the full taste and your finished dish will have the taste that professionals achieve consistently.

Go to top of Melting Chocolate the Professional Way

Go to Kitchen Tips

Go to Recipes Mania Home Page