Cauliflower pepperoni pizza is a delicious and healthy twist on the classic pizza we all know and love. Not only is it gluten-free, but it is also a great way to sneak in some extra veggies into your diet. The cauliflower crust is made by grating a head of cauliflower and mixing it with mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, an egg, and Italian seasoning. The crust is then pressed onto a baking sheet and baked until golden brown.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You can customize it to your liking by using different sauces, cheeses, and toppings. In this recipe, we used marinara sauce and pepperoni slices, but you could also try using a pesto sauce, barbecue sauce, or even a white sauce. Some great topping options include diced vegetables, chicken, bacon, or even shrimp.
The key to making a perfect cauliflower crust is to make sure that the cauliflower is grated as finely as possible. This will help to ensure that the crust holds together well and doesn’t fall apart. Additionally, it is important to press the crust mixture onto the baking sheet as firmly as possible to make sure it holds its shape.
Once the crust is done baking, it’s time to add your sauce, cheese, and toppings. It’s important to not overload the pizza with toppings as it will become hard to cut and eat. Once the pizza is topped, it goes back into the oven to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Once it’s done, let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Overall, cauliflower pepperoni pizza is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pizza. It’s a great option for those who are gluten-free or looking to add more vegetables to their diet. With endless topping options, this recipe can be customized to suit everyone’s taste. So, next time you’re craving pizza, give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of cauliflower pepperoni pizza.
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup of marinara sauce
- Additional toppings of your choice (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Grate the head of cauliflower using a box grater or food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, egg, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Press the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to form a pizza crust.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on top.
- Add pepperoni slices and any additional toppings you like.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious cauliflower pepperoni pizza! You can also get creative with your toppings and try different cheeses or meats.